Friday, November 7, 2008

Your Books

Hello all....



Oh my! I'm so happy all of you left so many wonderful comments. I tried to reply to everyone and if I missed you I am truly sorry. Keep visiting this site and keep leaving your comments.



Now, let's open up a discussion on Your Books. So, many were left. Let me see...Nicholoas Sparks. That's a good one. I like him. Some of his titles escape me for the moment so please refresh my memory. The other two I'm not completely familar with, so tell me about them.

And I want to know who Max Lucar is. Tell me about him and some of his works.

Here's a few other books I really enjoy. Patricia Cornwell. I have read several of her novels. Everything from The Body Farm to Body Of Evidence. I like her Scarpetta series. She's kind of like a female Quincy. Scarpetta is an ME for Richmond VG. She tracks down serial killers and solves high profile cases. She works with the FBI and the local police dept. Pretty good reads.

Another author I like is Dan Brown. He's like a sci-fi writer. He wrote The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I haven't read The Da Vinci Code, yet but I will soon. When I do I will tell you all about it. I did read Angel's And Demons, though. EXCELLENT BOOK! Very good read!

If you like Historical Romance, here's one you have got to check out. Kathleen Woodiwiss, A Rose In Winter. Awsome read! It's kind of like a Rags to Riches, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast, story all mixed up in one. With a Headless Horseman and a Dark Knight running around mucking everything up.

Here's one if you like Miedeval, George R. R. Martin series Song of Ice and Fire. He has three in this series. A Game of Thrones. A Clash of Kings. A Storm of Swords. I got through the first one pretty easy. It held my interest from cover to cover. I started on Clash Of Kings but it seems to be going rather slow. Not sure why. Check these out. You might like them better than I. If you do, tell me about them. I would love to hear it.

Well, that's it for today. I sure hope all of you enjoyed reading my posts.

In closing I will like to leave you with The Thought For The Day:

No matter how dark your day may seem. If you smile at one person today you will not only brighten their day you will also brighten yours.

Keep it up! And please come back again. See you all soon.
Bye for now.

Laree D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are all really good books! I see you recommended A Song of Fire and Ice. If you like that, I strongly recommend the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It is fantasy, but it is filled with so much culture and detail, you could believe it actually exists! The first book is called the Eye of the World. Read it! It is really good.

boxzers said...

Max Lucado is a Christian writer who really takes a simple approach to the tuff questions. He makes it understandable in a way that really speaks to me. Six Hours One Friday is about the "storms" of life and how to cope, and is set around the wonders of Easter.